I also completed this build (the build log is here).
I must admit that these little kits are quite challenging. The detail on the kits is really good but the fit is sometimes really awful. Especially the wings are a nightmare in my opinion. Re-doing the details on the wing costed a lot of time.
For the two kits i used three sets of photoetched parts. Two from Eduard and one from Brengun. As none of theses sets are for this kit, the fit was not optimal. But with some reworking of the parts the result is quite good. Now i have mixed feelings about this kit. It is nothing for beginners. Builders with some experience or someone who wants a challange can find lots of hours of building time with these kit with a pleasing result at the end.
One of the Spitfires represents a Mk.IX of the 2. Squadron of Royal Egyptian Airforce in 1948. The other is the first Spitfire of the Israeli Airforce. This Spitfire with the number D-130 was assembled from parts, that where left behind by the Roal Airforce and from parts of a egyptian Spitfire that was shoot down during the war.
If you have questions to this build, feel free to ask. Comments are welcome too.