Genessis-Models

Genessis Models Survey

 

 

Genessis-Models
Sign up Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 3 of 10      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next   »
Cellarrat

Avatar / Picture

Sergeant
Registered:
Posts: 234
Reply with quote  #31 
My invisible man impersonation:

https://www.youtube.com/user/genessismodels/videos

watch the latest live and read the comments, I'm either on ignore or just invisible. Time stamps 10 min and 33 mins approx

As a self employed floor layer I know the customer is always correct and answer any questions I'm asked.

Guess my £30 a year subscription to Genessis models isn't appreciated, I won't be re subscribing this March

__________________

Blood, Sweat & Lots of Beers [thumb]


Keith,

Stockport,
N.W. England
0
Stathis

Senior Aircraftman (Technician)
Registered:
Posts: 54
Reply with quote  #32 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellarrat
My invisible man impersonation:

https://www.youtube.com/user/genessismodels/videos

watch the latest live and read the comments, I'm either on ignore or just invisible. Time stamps 10 min and 33 mins approx

As a self employed floor layer I know the customer is always correct and answer any questions I'm asked.

Guess my £30 a year subscription to Genessis models isn't appreciated, I won't be re subscribing this March


I had the same problem last week !
I m afraid that he can’t see or does not know how to see previous messages.
Also he is so concentrated to the built he rarely seas the messages!!
I don’t think he is doing it on purpose ...

__________________
--------------
Stathis 
0
Kit'n'Kaboodle

Avatar / Picture

Squadron Leader
Registered:
Posts: 1,001
Reply with quote  #33 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellarrat
My invisible man impersonation:

https://www.youtube.com/user/genessismodels/videos

watch the latest live and read the comments, I'm either on ignore or just invisible. Time stamps 10 min and 33 mins approx

As a self employed floor layer I know the customer is always correct and answer any questions I'm asked.

Guess my £30 a year subscription to Genessis models isn't appreciated, I won't be re subscribing this March


I do hope you're not panning on leaving us?  I don't know what happened, but we still love you!  Besides, I want to see how the Liberator turns out, so you stay right here, okay?!

__________________
[GMh06IOh] 
0
Cellarrat

Avatar / Picture

Sergeant
Registered:
Posts: 234
Reply with quote  #34 
Hopefully you'll get to see it completed.

I have two puppies aged 6 months and 3 months. The younger 1 has discovered how to jump on the table I use as my modelling desk. So hope she doesn't chew my model up.

Need to build a shelf high up above the table to store all my work in progresss and thats delaying me from starting building.

So Max & Minnie willing, you'll get to see my final reveal

__________________

Blood, Sweat & Lots of Beers [thumb]


Keith,

Stockport,
N.W. England
0
TedUSA

Avatar / Picture

Air Commodore
Registered:
Posts: 9,505
Reply with quote  #35 
I certainly hope that you stay with Genessis. Not just for the finish of this GB but for communications and sharing and ribbing one another from time to time.
BTW—cellouse thinners in the US is LAQUER THINNER. It’s strong stuff. Definitely calls for good ventilation and a proper filter mask. Give a headache it will. I believe some guys drop pieces of sprue in a glass bottle with some lacquer thinner and it melts the sprue into a liquid filler of sorts.

__________________
Ted

pinterest pg. of scale models/dioramas:
http://www.pinterest.com/intrstinpintrst/awesome-scale-models/


0
Cellarrat

Avatar / Picture

Sergeant
Registered:
Posts: 234
Reply with quote  #36 
From a PM chat with Stathis I believe the AK nitro thinners = cellulose.

Its we in the UK often call things by different names to other countries, like UK Petrol = USA Gas

Cars use to be sprayed with Cellulose paints and thinned with Cellulose thinners. But after prolonged exposure to these solvents, the sprayers developed health problems. Thankfully modern cars are sprayed with either acrylic or two part epoxy paints using more friendly thinners and the users no longer develop these health problems.

I probably will renew my Genessis subscription and will certainly be remaining on the forum.

I am certainly enjoying the camaraderie of this GB

__________________

Blood, Sweat & Lots of Beers [thumb]


Keith,

Stockport,
N.W. England
0
Kit'n'Kaboodle

Avatar / Picture

Squadron Leader
Registered:
Posts: 1,001
Reply with quote  #37 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellarrat
Hopefully you'll get to see it completed.

I have two puppies aged 6 months and 3 months. The younger 1 has discovered how to jump on the table I use as my modelling desk. So hope she doesn't chew my model up.

Need to build a shelf high up above the table to store all my work in progresss and thats delaying me from starting building.

So Max & Minnie willing, you'll get to see my final reveal


Well allrighty then!

__________________
[GMh06IOh] 
0
Kit'n'Kaboodle

Avatar / Picture

Squadron Leader
Registered:
Posts: 1,001
Reply with quote  #38 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedUSA
I certainly hope that you stay with Genessis. Not just for the finish of this GB but for communications and sharing and ribbing one another from time to time.
BTW—cellouse thinners in the US is LAQUER THINNER. It’s strong stuff. Definitely calls for good ventilation and a proper filter mask. Give a headache it will. I believe some guys drop pieces of sprue in a glass bottle with some lacquer thinner and it melts the sprue into a liquid filler of sorts.


Better to use Tamiya extra-thin cement.  There's a video about it somewhere on YouTube.  Cut the runner into small sections, to speed the dissolving, and add more to get a thicker mixture.  The 'Gloop' both fills the gap without any shrinkage, and also acts as a cement, bonding the two parts together.  Also drys just as hard as the surrounding plastic, so sands evenly.

__________________
[GMh06IOh] 
0
Cellarrat

Avatar / Picture

Sergeant
Registered:
Posts: 234
Reply with quote  #39 
My potential model eaters, Max who is chillin out and not too adventurous

IMG_4160.jpg 
But Minnie is still very adventurous and investigates everything IMG_4167.jpg 

   

TBH she's a little sh_t atm, but I love em  both.

The debis on the floor is a toy she destroyed + a dropped tooth pick


Means no model making till I make a safe place for my WIP though


__________________

Blood, Sweat & Lots of Beers [thumb]


Keith,

Stockport,
N.W. England
0
TedUSA

Avatar / Picture

Air Commodore
Registered:
Posts: 9,505
Reply with quote  #40 
Good news that you would stay. Yes, the comrades here make the site great. Thanks for the mini seminar on cellulose thinners guys. Great info shared.
And I love the doggie pics!

__________________
Ted

pinterest pg. of scale models/dioramas:
http://www.pinterest.com/intrstinpintrst/awesome-scale-models/


0
Kit'n'Kaboodle

Avatar / Picture

Squadron Leader
Registered:
Posts: 1,001
Reply with quote  #41 
That're adorable!
__________________
[GMh06IOh] 
0
Cellarrat

Avatar / Picture

Sergeant
Registered:
Posts: 234
Reply with quote  #42 
Yes adorable, but she'd eat any model I strted.........she gets on my bench and this PC desk..............

Max neeer did..........suprized she hasn't done her own post here yet..................

I usually leave this forum open browser on my PC

__________________

Blood, Sweat & Lots of Beers [thumb]


Keith,

Stockport,
N.W. England
0
TedUSA

Avatar / Picture

Air Commodore
Registered:
Posts: 9,505
Reply with quote  #43 
Always had dogs around. One pup chewed up a pair of $120 shoes and later she chewed through a wall down to the studs. We have to love them till they get through any chewing phase. A friend of mine used to go to yard sales and buy boxes of old stuffed toys. When her dog destroyed one, she just tossed them another one! Cost her pennies on the dollar over buying new toys.
__________________
Ted

pinterest pg. of scale models/dioramas:
http://www.pinterest.com/intrstinpintrst/awesome-scale-models/


0
Cellarrat

Avatar / Picture

Sergeant
Registered:
Posts: 234
Reply with quote  #44 
Congratulations to Remy, TedUSA and Timbo for your placings in the last Diorama GB.

All looked great entries and it must of been very difficult to assign 1st, 2nd and 3rd places

__________________

Blood, Sweat & Lots of Beers [thumb]


Keith,

Stockport,
N.W. England
0
William

Senior Aircraftman (Technician)
Registered:
Posts: 57
Reply with quote  #45 
Wow what a amazing kit I'd love to build one![wink] I was thinking about getting PE for my kit but not this time because I'm doing a out of the box build this time, but I may get a pilot for my Ki 61!
0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.