Into the final stretch, and it’s main gear doors on.
The nose doors have some little lamps on them, so a little dibble of Micro Crystal Klear did the trick.
Everybody’s favourite, p.e. These are the DF aerials.
A towel rail aerial. The instructions would have you place this almost at the rear of the fuselage, but reference shots show it just behind the nose wheel bay, so that’s where I placed it.
Nose doors on, and some Flory medium earth pigment, for some airfield use effect.
A good dose of more pigment in the main wheel bays and on the wing underside, to show where dirt and mud would be thrown up by the wheels.
Resin exhausts, pre-painted when I did the cowl rings, super-glued in place.
There are three small windows on each side of the rear fuselage. Again these were fixed with crystal Klear.
On the real thing there are two landing lights in the port wing. The kit represents these as nothing more than a couple of bland holes. Not good enough for me.
So, I looked around, and the kit’s transparency runner had the perfect thing.
I chopped off two of the rounded ends and cleaned them up.
Almost a perfect fit, a few passes with a round file and they slid into place, though the cover, no surprise was a poor fit, and took some sanding to get it into place.
Quad bang-sticks makes the whole thing look a bit more lethal!
The kits radio aerials were a bit flashy and not very nice, so I replaced them with bits of fuse wire.
Aerial wiring rigged with EZ line.
Props on, and…
Finally, the usual tradition, the placing of the box art on the man-cave wall. A simple pleasure, but greatly satisfying!
Not the easiest of kits, and there’s a lot more lumps and bumps than I would like, but overall I’m quite pleased with the end result.
Reveal post to follow shortly.