Genessis-Models

Genessis Models Survey

 

 

Genessis-Models
Sign up Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 6 of 12     «   Prev   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   Next   »
Choppa Nutta

Avatar / Picture

Admin
Registered:
Posts: 2,524
Reply with quote  #76 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alba83

Really... i doubt id ever enter into a competition never been my kind thing



hehe, the exception being this GB competition of course [wink] [biggrin]

As for painting bits you won't see, I look it as good practice and knowing that you've definitely covered all the viewing angles etc.
Also, I think this is by product of the urge to perform a perfect work and the regimen of attention to detail and accuracy of building etc.
For me it comes down to knowing you tried your best to do it right [smile]


__________________
May The Farce Be With You !
Paul... [tongue]

Gallery
http://genessis-models.websitetoolbox.com/post/a-gallery-of-my-art-other-endeavours-with-video-links-8037830?&trail=15
0
TedUSA

Avatar / Picture

Air Commodore
Registered:
Posts: 9,502
Reply with quote  #77 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alba83
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedUSA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alba83
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedUSA
Oh YEAH, the office is outstanding! very nice work. I always have a problem painting the inside and outside of jet exhaust correctly. I need to do more research and watch Bobs last jet exhaust he painted [think it is the GWH F-15 step by step build??]. He really covers EVERYTHING about painting the exhausts. What I don't know is when they started using that ceramic material inside the jet exhausts. Now I've gotten all confused! sorry! please carry on!


Il check out the video then Ted thanks... to be honest i don't think it would have mattered to much what colour i painted it as you cant even see the bottom of the exhaust.

And thanks Ted.


Exactly right. we do a lot of things in modeling that will never show. the only time that part of the exhaust is viewed is if it was being judged at a scale model show. those guys use the little LED flashlights to look in! You got it right!


Really... i doubt id ever enter into a competition never been my kind thing, but im still going to carry on painting it up anyway... its a part or the enjoyment i guess knowing that its all done


And that is the true enjoyment of this hobby . knowing about a part that no one can see.we know its there and we know that an area of the model is completely painted cause we did it. I'm not in this for contests either.the judges for scale models can be really tough . really.

__________________
Ted

pinterest pg. of scale models/dioramas:
http://www.pinterest.com/intrstinpintrst/awesome-scale-models/


0
Alba83

Avatar / Picture

Wing Commander
Registered:
Posts: 1,707
Reply with quote  #78 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choppa Nutta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alba83

Really... i doubt id ever enter into a competition never been my kind thing



hehe, the exception being this GB competition of course [wink] [biggrin]

As for painting bits you won't see, I look it as good practice and knowing that you've definitely covered all the viewing angles etc.
Also, I think this is by product of the urge to perform a perfect work and the regimen of attention to detail and accuracy of building etc.
For me it comes down to knowing you tried your best to do it right [smile]



Haha i guess your right, i forget this is a competition. i dont really see it as one though. 

__________________
Steven
Glasgow, Scotland

[32517153131_6c36eb6cc6_b]    


0
Choppa Nutta

Avatar / Picture

Admin
Registered:
Posts: 2,524
Reply with quote  #79 
haha, much more of a Social Club really,
with a merit based raffle at the end haha  [biggrin]

__________________
May The Farce Be With You !
Paul... [tongue]

Gallery
http://genessis-models.websitetoolbox.com/post/a-gallery-of-my-art-other-endeavours-with-video-links-8037830?&trail=15
0
Alba83

Avatar / Picture

Wing Commander
Registered:
Posts: 1,707
Reply with quote  #80 
Ok so my first time doing a Jet... ive heard all about the intakes ... but damn just how am i supposed to sand in there ?

[20336403989_358a53a4e5_k]

__________________
Steven
Glasgow, Scotland

[32517153131_6c36eb6cc6_b]    


0
Alba83

Avatar / Picture

Wing Commander
Registered:
Posts: 1,707
Reply with quote  #81 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choppa Nutta
haha, much more of a Social Club really,
with a merit based raffle at the end haha  [biggrin]


Yeah Paul that's it 

__________________
Steven
Glasgow, Scotland

[32517153131_6c36eb6cc6_b]    


0
Alba83

Avatar / Picture

Wing Commander
Registered:
Posts: 1,707
Reply with quote  #82 
Only other thing ive done today was glue in some weights, i only have Liquid gravity so ive used that, i think some fishing weights would work better though. easier and cheaper too.

[19902227523_5783149b57_k] 

__________________
Steven
Glasgow, Scotland

[32517153131_6c36eb6cc6_b]    


0
Brundledonk

Avatar / Picture

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 6,256
Reply with quote  #83 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alba83
Quote:
Originally Posted by wimve1960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alba83
Quote:
Originally Posted by wimve1960
Should look really good Steven. BTW, I received my Eduard order for the Devastator after 6 days. Good luck with the PE (I know I need it [redface][eek]&nbsp[wink]!

Wim.


Yeah ive not used the PE before, haha ive still only finished one kit and no pe in there it was just a wee Tamiya Zero to get a feel for the hobby again.


I've only returned to the hobby not much more than a year and a half ago and usually with chronic time problems. Anyway PE ... You will enjoy not being able to get up from your chair realizing that you have been perched over your desk for four hours straight in the same position trying to stick those two microscopic pieces together ... Or ... Spending a few hours on your knees with a flashlight trying to defeat the carpet monster .... Only to find the missing piece in a crease of your clothes ... God, I love this hobby!!! :-P Wim.


Haha Wim yeah this has already happened ive had a full on search party looking for a missing part of the kit, must have broken off the sprue and fell out the bag when i opened it, but its now safe back in its box.

Yeah ive got time problems too man, just not enough hours in a day.


He he, I think we all have suffered from the "ping" urgggh (4 hours of searching the floor only to find its somehow managed to land back in the box)

These days time is the one thing that I have plenty of (although I think the Gubment have found a way to speed it, as the days, months and years seem to race by !) I just can't devote a lot of it to models at the moment because the Mrs is fed up of living in a Manky old house and is on my case for some serious Diy lol.
Why can't she see that my plastic planes are much more Importan ?

Pete
0
Brundledonk

Avatar / Picture

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 6,256
Reply with quote  #84 
Steven, I'm just reading through and catching up, the cockpit looks great mate ! Nice details and weathering going on in there.

I always give resin parts a good wash in some water and washing up liquiid (dish soap for our US cousins) and let it air dry. I found out the hard way a few years ago that resin needs a good wash, all the paint peeled off the part.

Right about the group builds not feeling like a competition, they are definitely more of a social thing and a great way to pick up tips and techniques, also the encouragement from everyone really pushes you to improve and can really help get you through any tough spots in a build.
The hobby used to be a very solitary experience for me before I joined here (apart from the Unicorn I was on my own) , but it doesn't feel like that these days with all of you guys.

Lisa (Mrs Brundledonk) has told me I should enter something into a competition but although I would like to, I still lack a little confidence and I think in the back of my mind I'm worried that If I got a knock back I would change the way I do things and end up building for the Judges rather than for myself. I lost my way a while back when I got trapped in accuracy thing, and nearly threw the towell in, i have a very compulsive personality and I got deeper and deeper into research searching obscure details and nothing got built, now I don't stress and just have fun

Pete
0
Choppa Nutta

Avatar / Picture

Admin
Registered:
Posts: 2,524
Reply with quote  #85 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brundledonk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alba83
Quote:
Originally Posted by wimve1960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alba83
Quote:
Originally Posted by wimve1960
Should look really good Steven. BTW, I received my Eduard order for the Devastator after 6 days. Good luck with the PE (I know I need it [redface][eek]&nbsp[wink]!

Wim.


Yeah ive not used the PE before, haha ive still only finished one kit and no pe in there it was just a wee Tamiya Zero to get a feel for the hobby again.


I've only returned to the hobby not much more than a year and a half ago and usually with chronic time problems. Anyway PE ... You will enjoy not being able to get up from your chair realizing that you have been perched over your desk for four hours straight in the same position trying to stick those two microscopic pieces together ... Or ... Spending a few hours on your knees with a flashlight trying to defeat the carpet monster .... Only to find the missing piece in a crease of your clothes ... God, I love this hobby!!! :-P Wim.


Haha Wim yeah this has already happened ive had a full on search party looking for a missing part of the kit, must have broken off the sprue and fell out the bag when i opened it, but its now safe back in its box.

Yeah ive got time problems too man, just not enough hours in a day.
He he, I think we all have suffered from the "ping" urgggh (4 hours of searching the floor only to find its somehow managed to land back in the box) These days time is the one thing that I have plenty of (although I think the Gubment have found a way to speed it, as the days, months and years seem to race by !) I just can't devote a lot of it to models at the moment because the Mrs is fed up of living in a Manky old house and is on my case for some serious Diy lol. Why can't she see that my plastic planes are much more Importan ? Pete


EXTREME NESTED REPLIES !!! [biggrin]

But then I do love the baTter around here [wink]

__________________
May The Farce Be With You !
Paul... [tongue]

Gallery
http://genessis-models.websitetoolbox.com/post/a-gallery-of-my-art-other-endeavours-with-video-links-8037830?&trail=15
0
TedUSA

Avatar / Picture

Air Commodore
Registered:
Posts: 9,502
Reply with quote  #86 
For Pete: Belonging to a local scale model club, I see first hand how many of the modelers get caught up in the "contest" aspect of the hobby. Years ago I saw the same thing when I coached recreational sports for 9 years--year round. I saw people go nuts over kids ball games. Really set a bad example for the children. My goal was always to TEACH skills and make sure ALL the kids got to play and were as safe as possible. When I take my models to the club meetings they look at them and rarely even nod,or give you a "positive" look. God forbid that they say anything......its almost funny to watch them. I entered a model in the show this year--February. I won a silver medal but the judges sheets did not reflect a "winning" build/finish. That was funny also. I think they gave me a "mercy" award for tackling the resin/PE. It was the Sturmtiger Mortar kit. The more I research the more difficult the build--so I asked myself what I WANT TO DO. I am sure I have given some modelers out there a heart attack! To each his own and leave him alone-lol.

I see the GB here as a long bus ride together where we learn about each other and share the "Thrill of Victory and the Agony of defeat"..........I love them. There are always laughs and tears--and that my friends,... is LIFE in a nutshell!

__________________
Ted

pinterest pg. of scale models/dioramas:
http://www.pinterest.com/intrstinpintrst/awesome-scale-models/


0
Alba83

Avatar / Picture

Wing Commander
Registered:
Posts: 1,707
Reply with quote  #87 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brundledonk
Steven, I'm just reading through and catching up, the cockpit looks great mate ! Nice details and weathering going on in there. I always give resin parts a good wash in some water and washing up liquiid (dish soap for our US cousins) and let it air dry. I found out the hard way a few years ago that resin needs a good wash, all the paint peeled off the part. Right about the group builds not feeling like a competition, they are definitely more of a social thing and a great way to pick up tips and techniques, also the encouragement from everyone really pushes you to improve and can really help get you through any tough spots in a build. The hobby used to be a very solitary experience for me before I joined here (apart from the Unicorn I was on my own) , but it doesn't feel like that these days with all of you guys. Lisa (Mrs Brundledonk) has told me I should enter something into a competition but although I would like to, I still lack a little confidence and I think in the back of my mind I'm worried that If I got a knock back I would change the way I do things and end up building for the Judges rather than for myself. I lost my way a while back when I got trapped in accuracy thing, and nearly threw the towell in, i have a very compulsive personality and I got deeper and deeper into research searching obscure details and nothing got built, now I don't stress and just have fun Pete


Thanks bud appreciate it, and i gave it a wee wash with some fairy liquid thanks.

And yeah i do like the atmosphere in the GB.

I don't know what that standards are in the competitions, but your builds look pretty incredible to me mate.


__________________
Steven
Glasgow, Scotland

[32517153131_6c36eb6cc6_b]    


0
Brundledonk

Avatar / Picture

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 6,256
Reply with quote  #88 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alba83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brundledonk
Steven, I'm just reading through and catching up, the cockpit looks great mate ! Nice details and weathering going on in there. I always give resin parts a good wash in some water and washing up liquiid (dish soap for our US cousins) and let it air dry. I found out the hard way a few years ago that resin needs a good wash, all the paint peeled off the part. Right about the group builds not feeling like a competition, they are definitely more of a social thing and a great way to pick up tips and techniques, also the encouragement from everyone really pushes you to improve and can really help get you through any tough spots in a build. The hobby used to be a very solitary experience for me before I joined here (apart from the Unicorn I was on my own) , but it doesn't feel like that these days with all of you guys. Lisa (Mrs Brundledonk) has told me I should enter something into a competition but although I would like to, I still lack a little confidence and I think in the back of my mind I'm worried that If I got a knock back I would change the way I do things and end up building for the Judges rather than for myself. I lost my way a while back when I got trapped in accuracy thing, and nearly threw the towell in, i have a very compulsive personality and I got deeper and deeper into research searching obscure details and nothing got built, now I don't stress and just have fun Pete


Thanks bud appreciate it, and i gave it a wee wash with some fairy liquid thanks.

And yeah i do like the atmosphere in the GB.

I don't know what that standards are in the competitions, but your builds look pretty incredible to me mate.



Cheers mate !

There were some jaw dropping models on the competition table at Telford last year, maybe one day ill have a go

Pete
0
WALSHAMP

Avatar / Picture

Warrant Officer
Registered:
Posts: 386
Reply with quote  #89 
The shot you've got in the nose looks like caviar[tongue]
__________________
Paul

On the bench:  1/12 Bandai C3-PO

Recently Completed:

On the shelf:1/48 Eduard MIG 21PFM, 1/72 Airfix - RNLI Severn Class Lifeboat, 1/72 Italeri Sr71 Blackbird
0
vdbo76

Avatar / Picture

Group Captain
Registered:
Posts: 3,360
Reply with quote  #90 
Only the best ingredients for this fine kit :-)
__________________
Fabian
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
https://www.instagram.com/vdbo76/
0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.