Genessis-Models

Genessis Models Survey

 

 

Genessis-Models
Sign up Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 2 of 3      Prev   1   2   3   Next
bill-larisa

Avatar / Picture

Sergeant
Registered:
Posts: 226
Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdbo76
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill-larisa
WOW!!! this is superb i love every inch of this build,,everything is superb,,Amazing photos also.. congrats Fabian!! 
One question,,, what kind of mat coat do you use for the finish?and what thinner do you use for this and in what ratio? ok it was 3 questions..[biggrin]
Again i really love it,, you make me feel like i must build a Phantom to,,best regards
Thank you very much for the nice comments. For the flat coat I used Matt varnish by Vallejo 70.520, thinned with Vallejo acrylic thinner 50/50. One or two thin coats are enough for a nice flat finish and it dries quick too. Nice product to use. Feel free to ask whatever you like, glad when I can help :-)
Thank you for you answer Fabian,, i will try the Vallejo and i hope i will have  close fine result as you had.do you spray it on 20 psi or lower?,Sorry for all those questions but sometimes struggling to find the right mat finish for my models,, i really appreciate your help. Greetings!!

__________________
Bill-Vasilis Greece
[230609-o]
0
vdbo76

Avatar / Picture

Group Captain
Registered:
Posts: 3,360
Reply with quote  #17 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcat_tweeker
All I can say is WOW!

Great Job Fabian!

Dave


:-)

__________________
Fabian
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
https://www.instagram.com/vdbo76/
0
Brundledonk

Avatar / Picture

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 6,256
Reply with quote  #18 
Congratulations Fabian this really is a work of art mate, loads of detail and very very well executed !

I have a small criticism though

NOT ENOUGH PICTURES ,

Your photography is excellent too amd I really would like to see more pics of this one buddy

Pete
0
Pepper-Mint

Senior Aircraftman
Registered:
Posts: 14
Reply with quote  #19 
Tripple WOW Fabian. Absolut killer !!! A beauty.

My winner !

Cheers,
Laurent.
0
ironhead

Avatar / Picture

Sergeant
Registered:
Posts: 221
Reply with quote  #20 
Love this kit. Absolutely gorgeous. Fabulous detail and weathering. Stunning job.
__________________
Michael
0
hobbyhubby51

Avatar / Picture

Squadron Leader
Registered:
Posts: 1,176
Reply with quote  #21 
Can't say anything different than anyone else Fabian just an OUTSTANDING job Everything looks spot on, the build, paint, and weathering. Hope my inflight display of this model looks half as good as this one. A true winner mate!!![cool][love][thumb][thumb][thumb][thumb]
__________________
Neil USA

 
On The Bench: 
0
vdbo76

Avatar / Picture

Group Captain
Registered:
Posts: 3,360
Reply with quote  #22 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper-Mint
Tripple WOW Fabian. Absolut killer !!! A beauty.

My winner !

Cheers,
Laurent.

Thank you very much Laurent. I was really looking forward to your build, pitty it didn't worked out. Next time, right? :-)

__________________
Fabian
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
https://www.instagram.com/vdbo76/
0
vdbo76

Avatar / Picture

Group Captain
Registered:
Posts: 3,360
Reply with quote  #23 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironhead
Love this kit. Absolutely gorgeous. Fabulous detail and weathering. Stunning job.

Share your love for this kit :-). Thank you very much for the nice compliments!

__________________
Fabian
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
https://www.instagram.com/vdbo76/
0
vdbo76

Avatar / Picture

Group Captain
Registered:
Posts: 3,360
Reply with quote  #24 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbyhubby51
Can't say anything different than anyone else Fabian just an OUTSTANDING job Everything looks spot on, the build, paint, and weathering. Hope my inflight display of this model looks half as good as this one. A true winner mate!!![cool][love][thumb][thumb][thumb][thumb]


Sure it will :-). Thank you mate

__________________
Fabian
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
https://www.instagram.com/vdbo76/
0
vdbo76

Avatar / Picture

Group Captain
Registered:
Posts: 3,360
Reply with quote  #25 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brundledonk
Congratulations Fabian this really is a work of art mate, loads of detail and very very well executed !

I have a small criticism though

NOT ENOUGH PICTURES ,

Your photography is excellent too amd I really would like to see more pics of this one buddy

Pete


More pictures, no problem mate. Very glad you like it :-)









I wish you all a nice Christmas and a great 2016!

__________________
Fabian
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
https://www.instagram.com/vdbo76/
0
JoakimTh

Avatar / Picture

Senior Aircraftman
Registered:
Posts: 33
Reply with quote  #26 
That's a great build!

I really like that you didn't over weather it, it looks so natural this way.

I have this kit in my stash and you have inspired me to start it [biggrin]

/Joakim Th
0
vdbo76

Avatar / Picture

Group Captain
Registered:
Posts: 3,360
Reply with quote  #27 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoakimTh
That's a great build!

I really like that you didn't over weather it, it looks so natural this way.

I have this kit in my stash and you have inspired me to start it [biggrin]

/Joakim Th

Thank you Joakim. Inspiring people is probably the nicest compliment you can make :-). Looking forward to see your build!

__________________
Fabian
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
https://www.instagram.com/vdbo76/
0
Jason Gaspard

Avatar / Picture

Flight Sergeant
Registered:
Posts: 319
Reply with quote  #28 
Fabian, that is a stunner! My favorite thing is the airbrakes...wonderful!! you made me add one to my stash!

I see you got the Uschi base to work??

__________________
-Jason
0
vdbo76

Avatar / Picture

Group Captain
Registered:
Posts: 3,360
Reply with quote  #29 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Gaspard
Fabian, that is a stunner! My favorite thing is the airbrakes...wonderful!! you made me add one to my stash!

I see you got the Uschi base to work??

Thank you Jadon! You should definitely build one, would love to see you building a Phantom :-). The air brakes are PE from Eduard, well detailed and thin. And yeah, I got the Uschi base work, but not without scanning, stitching the pieces together in Photoshop and going to my lokal printshop... so exactly the same problems you got with it. The pieces just don't fit properly... :-/. Wel, at least I can use the file again ;-)
Our builds would look great together on the base... old and new school badass planes :-)

__________________
Fabian
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
https://www.instagram.com/vdbo76/
0
TedUSA

Avatar / Picture

Air Commodore
Registered:
Posts: 9,504
Reply with quote  #30 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigel56
P.S. This looks just like it should be on the cover of a magazine.. ...incredible.


I totally agree with that comment Nigel. I have looked at these final Pics over and over--they inspire me to finish my F-4.

__________________
Ted

pinterest pg. of scale models/dioramas:
http://www.pinterest.com/intrstinpintrst/awesome-scale-models/


0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.