Genessis-Models

Genessis Models Survey

 

 

Genessis-Models
Sign up Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
cybershed

Avatar / Picture

Junior Technician
Registered:
Posts: 110
Reply with quote  #1 
Anyone got an idea how to match the metallic sky-blue colour that shows in the wheel well and the wing flaps (when down)?

I have a humbrol ename Metallica blue. But- if the cap colour is anything to go by - this is far too deep a colour of blue.

As it stands, I'm thinking of mixing the humbrol metallic blue with either metalic silver or a gloss white enamel to try and match an approximation of the colour I am after. Would this work?

Any suggestions welcome.

__________________
On the bench: Hobby Boss 1/48 Bearcat F8F
0
helldiver

Avatar / Picture

Flight Sergeant
Registered:
Posts: 303
Reply with quote  #2 
How long is a piece of string? Tamiya do a metallic blue, X-13 that I use over a silver base. Aidan
http://colesaircraft.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/japanese-wwii-aircraft-aotake-primer.html

__________________
Aidan in Tyrone
0
cybershed

Avatar / Picture

Junior Technician
Registered:
Posts: 110
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by helldiver
How long is a piece of string? Tamiya do a metallic blue, X-13 that I use over a silver base. Aidan
http://colesaircraft.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/japanese-wwii-aircraft-aotake-primer.html

Interesting article on the aotake paintwork.

Cheers - I will post the results when I get it done and tell u what I ended up using.
__________________
On the bench: Hobby Boss 1/48 Bearcat F8F
0
Brundledonk

Avatar / Picture

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 6,256
Reply with quote  #4 
I used gunze Mr hobby h-63 on my zero, it looks the part but reference pics show a multitude of different shades of blue and green


Pete
0
kennymc0

Avatar / Picture

Squadron Leader
Registered:
Posts: 1,171
Reply with quote  #5 
In bobby's step by step zero he did it in layers. alclad II alc-119 airframe aluminum first, and then a 2 to 1 mix of tamiya x-23 clear blue and x-25 clear green. The 2 being clear blue and the 1 being clear green. Seemed to turn out very nicely for him. I'm sure you can play with the mix of blue and green to get the exact color that you want for it.

Kenny

__________________
-Kenny

Current Builds:
1/48 Revell B-25J Mitchell
My Figures
1/48 Tamiya P-47M Thunderbolt
0
cybershed

Avatar / Picture

Junior Technician
Registered:
Posts: 110
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brundledonk
I used gunze Mr hobby h-63 on my zero, it looks the part but reference pics show a multitude of different shades of blue and green


Pete


Looks real good Pete. Exactly the effect I'm looking for.

__________________
On the bench: Hobby Boss 1/48 Bearcat F8F
0
cybershed

Avatar / Picture

Junior Technician
Registered:
Posts: 110
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennymc0
In bobby's step by step zero he did it in layers. alclad II alc-119 airframe aluminum first, and then a 2 to 1 mix of tamiya x-23 clear blue and x-25 clear green. The 2 being clear blue and the 1 being clear green. Seemed to turn out very nicely for him. I'm sure you can play with the mix of blue and green to get the exact color that you want for it.

Kenny


Interesting. I was thinking of using the tamiya clear blue over aluminium. So a mix with some clear green could be the answer.

__________________
On the bench: Hobby Boss 1/48 Bearcat F8F
0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.